What is a pig's scariest movie?
Hamityville Horror


Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pocket Full Of Love!

Hambo is once again a sponsor of the SCS "Hope You Can Cling To" campaign, running through October. For today's post, I decided to play along with one of these challenges - HYCCT1316. The Challenge was to:
  • Create a pocket card, or a card with a pocket on it.
  • Bonus 1:  To fill the pocket with hope, add a star or stars OR a heart or  hearts.
  • Bonus 2:  Make it  orange (leukemia)  or  pink (breast cancer)
Hambo Love

For my card, I used Heart Basket a Hambo digital image. It is a sweet and simple image with a straight forward message - "Sending all my love". It truly makes me smile!

As the challenge called for a pocket, I made a twisted card. I used lots of pink for breast cancer awareness and I punched out various hearts and dropped them into the inside pocket. This technique creates a pocket on both the outside and inside of the card. I sealed the outside pocket. When the lucky recipient opens the card, it they will find a pocket full of love. Challenge met!

This is such a fun card to make! Get the tutorial here.

Note: For this card base, use a general (not luxury) cardstock or it else it will be too bulky.

Thanks for stopping by!

Lyn

Supplies used for this card:
  1. Stamp: Heart Basket digital by Hambo Stamps
  2. Paper
    • Pink cardstock by Recollections
    • Designer Paper - Spring Fling by DCWV
  3. Ink: Copic Markers [RV11, RV13, RV21, E40, E42, E44, E47]
  4. Other Supplies:
    • Circle Die - Spellbinders
    • Circle Lace Die - Spellbinders
    • Vintage Button Raspberry Fizz - Papertrey Ink
    • Twine
    • Heart-to-Heart punch -Stampin' Up

5 comments:

Hambo Hoedown said...

This is super cute and one of my favorite sweet images! Adorable pocket!

Judy

Monica Hunter said...

What a beautiful project! I love the DP and all of your fancy hearts. Great job with the HYCCT challenge Lyn!

Jane Elizabeth France said...

I adore that that you filled the pocket with hearts, beautiful lyn. :)

Jeannie said...

So pretty and a very sweet creation!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

My Lil' Bits said...

Very pretty and thanks for the twisted card link....love it.

Lisa C